Entertainment

Members of a gang allegedly charged with the murder of a Chicago rapper | National News

Chicago (AP) — Five gang members were charged with murder in the shooting of a Chicago rapper last year. The prosecution said it was part of an ongoing violent effort to protect the gang’s territory on Chicago’s South Side.

In a news release, Chicago’s federal prosecutor’s office said the O-Block gang shot down Carlton Weekly, also known as the “FBG Duck,” in the fashionable Gold Coast district in August 2020, “responsible for violence in Chicago.” I insisted. ” Increased criminal organization using social media and music. “

Chicago-based Charles Riggins (30), Kenneth Roberson (28), Takaros Offerd (30), Christopher Thomas (22), and Marcus Smart (22) are racket murderers. He was charged with racket assault and various weapons.

Weekly and the woman stood on Oak Street in the daytime when the two men climbed from the two cars, fired, returned to the car and got out of the car. The weekly newspaper was killed and the woman was injured. Police said it was like a “targeted” attack on a weekly or another nearby man.

According to the release, Riggins, Offered, Thomas and Smart were arrested Wednesday morning, and Roberson was already detained in Cook County Jail.

The number of federal murders includes a mandatory minimum life imprisonment and a maximum death penalty.

Members of a gang allegedly charged with the murder of a Chicago rapper | National News

Source link Members of a gang allegedly charged with the murder of a Chicago rapper | National News

Back to top button