Lifestyle

Megan Markle was accused of writing a letter to his father with help from the palace

Megan Markle is in the midst of a nasty proceeding against the relevant newspaper. Torga Acmen-WPA Pool / Getty Images

The Duchess of Sussex is still in the midst of a court battle Sunday email And its publisher, Associated Newspapers, said the British tabloid published a private handwritten letter to his father, Thomas Markle, in 2018.

Meghan Markle’s proceedings accuse Associated Newspapers of violating data protection laws, misusing personal information and infringing copyright. But now, tabloid lawyers have submitted to the High Court a new document claiming that the Duchess of Sussex was helped when he wrote the aforementioned letter from the Royal Aide to Kensington Palace.

Subscribe to the Observer’s Royals Newsletter

The new document claims that Megan “involved the Kensington Palace media team, including Jason Nauf.” He was then the communications secretary of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and the Duke of Sussex and the Duchess. The Sunday TimesThe newly submitted document claims that Knauf and others contributed to the draft of the five-page letter, which Megan copied and sent to his father in August 2018, they said. I will.

Prince Harry and Megan currently live in California. Chris Jackson / Getty Images

A related newspaper said the letter was “to be used as part of a media strategy to improve or enhance her image and / or to recognize that it is likely to be open to the public.” Insist. Tatler.. As such, Associated Newspapers argue that Megan cannot say that the letter is an “original literary work” and is therefore not protected by copyright.

Megan’s lawyer does not seem to be responding to the new application yet. The Duchess of Sussex, who now lives in California with Prince Harry and his son Archie, was expected to return directly to London in January next year to begin the 10-day trial. But last month, Megan’s lawyer applied to postpone the start of the trial and won. The judge decided that a new date would be set next fall.

New court documents claim that royal aides helped Megan Marklepen's letter to his father.

Megan Markle was accused of writing a letter to his father with help from the palace

Source link Megan Markle was accused of writing a letter to his father with help from the palace

Back to top button