Entertainment

A 9-year-old boy swallows a magnet in a TikTok challenge and almost dies

Fake earrings — real results.

A 9-year-old British boy almost died after swallowing six magnets. Stunts appear to be part of a dangerous fake piercing epidemic that is sweeping TikTok. The tragic test was recorded by a local Facebook group called Borestone Parents.

“It was explained to me that the damage that these magnets could cause could be so extreme that he couldn’t get through.” Mother Carolann McGeoch, A disturbing incident involving her son, Jack.

After Jack began vomiting at Sterling’s home on September 7, and experienced extreme abdominal pain, she first noticed something was wrong. He was then taken to the Royal Children’s Hospital in Glasgow and X-rayed “something was blocking his intestines.” According to a Facebook post.

Later, it was discovered that the obstacles were magnets, and after a bit of research, Jack finally admitted that he had swallowed them. His distraught mother claimed that her boy inadvertently ingested them while attempting the TikTok challenge. By placing a round magneto ball above and below the licker, the video is swirling in an app that makes children look like they have pierced their tongue.

Jack McGioc, 9, has had surgery and cannot walk without help.
@BorestoneParents

Carolan said he was informed that his son, who would eventually undergo four hours of surgery, might not be pulled because he was injured by a magnet sticking through the intestinal wall.

“In tears, I had to sign a permit for surgery and admit that’something could happen’,” recalled the terrifying parent.

During subsequent procedures, Jack’s appendix, small intestine, and 12 inches of his large intestine were removed “all because of stupid magnets,” Carolan lamented.

Five days after surgery, her “interesting, outgoing and healthy” son was unable to walk on his own and was forced into a liquid diet.

Nonetheless, Carolan said Jack was “lucky to be alive,” adding that he wanted to spread the word of the case so that he could prevent other children like his son from suffering.

“Social media has videos that encourage kids to do tricks with them, but what’s not mentioned in the video is that those little magnets can eventually kill them. “She writes. “Jack’s life has changed forever. Stop others from having to do the same.”

This wasn’t the first time Magnet Challenge had someone landed in a hospital. May, An 11 year old Birmingham boy named Ellis Tripp After swallowing five magnet balls while attempting a stupid feat, he had to undergo two separate emergency surgeries.

A 9-year-old boy swallows a magnet in a TikTok challenge and almost dies

Source link A 9-year-old boy swallows a magnet in a TikTok challenge and almost dies

Back to top button